Ray City Hotel about 1912, Owned by J. H. Swindle and Jas. S. Swindle. J.F. Hineley operated the hotel and also had a small store (bottom floor right). On Sunday, April 25, 1915, Ray City was ravaged by a fire that burned several buildings, including the hotel and all of its contents. The total lost value was $6,000. The building stood where the Clements Fountain was later built.