Circa 1899 - Dr Joseph Gustavus and Nebraska Lastinger Edie & Family, Nashville, Ga
Left to right:
1) Dr Joseph Gustavus Edie 1853-1935, buried in Nashville, Ga.
2) Belle Edie daughter of Joseph and Nebraska (seated in swing)
3) Glenn Edie Jones, daughter of Joseph Edie and Belle Smith Edie 1884-1963, buried in Macon (holding swing) (Dr Edie's first wife, Ana-Belle Smith, died in Panasofkee, Florida in 1887.)
4) Mrs Nebraska Lastinger Edie (2nd wife of Dr Edie, married Dec. 13, 1888.)
5) Mrs. Edie's mother, Louisa, wife of William Lastinger.
6) Young twins of Dr.Edie and Nebraska Edie, Clara and Joseph Galen Edie. Photo taken about 1899, as Clara died in February 1900.
Not shown, Mabel Edie, was also a daughter of Joseph and Ana Belle Edie. She married Henry W. Hugger on March 28, 1899 in Nashville. Henry was the contractor (Hugger & Watkins) who built the Berrien County Courthouse in 1898. The couple moved to Tennessee shortly afterwards.
These Edie girls, Glenn, Mabel & Lynn are pictured in some of your early 1900s group, school pictures.
(Photo and information courtesy of Victor Jones and Bryan Shaw)